Sunday, September 2, 2018

This post is going to be different from my normal book review posts so I'm sorry if I disappoint anyone.  It isn't that I didn't read anything or don't have a book to write a review about.  I actually read three books this month.  I read "Scythe" and "Thunderhead" both by Neal Shusterman and "Wild Beauty" by Anna-Marie McLemore.  I just need to breathe for a minute.

2018 has been a rough year for me.  Really, it has been a rough year for my family.  A lot of health issues all around both in humans and pets, anxiety at an all time high for everyone, and anything that can go wrong feels like it is.  I don't want to make this post a diary entry of complaining, but I really do need to put things in perspective.  Especially when it comes to reading.  

I need to continue to remember that reading is fun and enjoyable.  Or that I can curl up with a good book when I need to find some peace and quiet.  Reading doesn't need to be a job or a chore with punishments.  If I don't meet my yearly reading goal, so what!?  If I miss a monthly book report, then we'll just get back on track next month.  It isn't worth berating myself and causing extra unnecessary stress for something so tiny.  It's okay for plans to change.  It's so much more important to take care of yourself and stay healthy.  Don't lose your love for the things that keep you sane and bring you joy.

So in closing, remember to take care of yourself.  Remember to take time out of your day or your week for self-care and the things you love.  Eat the cookies.  Take the nap.  Buy the treat for yourself.  And if you're going to pick up one of the books I read this month, I'd start with "Scythe" first.

Thank you all for understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment